Effective Date: April 1, 2018.
- Our Policy:
We hold our customers in the highest regards and are dedicated to providing the best experience. In order to offer an enjoyable and premium experience on our Services, we collect information which can personally identify you (e.g., name, address and email) and information that is about you but that does not identify you individually (e.g., aggregate information on the number and frequency of visits to various pages of the Website)
We receive information about you from various sources, including: (i) from information that you provide to us through your use of the Services); (ii) your use of the Services generally; and (iii) from third party websites and services.
- Information Collected
We collect information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services, as well as to communicate directly with you. We may also send you service-related emails or messages (e.g. change or updates to features of the Website, technical and/or security notices).
When you interact with us through the Website, we may collect information from you as follows:
- Personal Information That You Provide: We collect Personal Information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, sign up for newsletters, or use certain Services. For example, we collect Personal Information directly from you as follows:
- User Content: When you interact with us through the Services, we may ask you to provide Personal Information, such as your name, email address, date of birth and telephone number. In addition, some features of the Services allow you to provide content to the Services, such as written comments, reviews and information about your use of our products or Services.
- Personal Information automatically collected: We and our third party partners (if any), may automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Website, use our Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, file information and similar technologies. For example, we automatically collect Personal Information as follows:
- General Usage Data: Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Website. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve their functionality.
- Domain and IP Address Information and Other Browser Information: We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information, browser type, operating system, web pages viewed while visiting our site, links clicked, length of time spent on our Services, and reference website from which you accessed the Website. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (for example, what links you have clicked on) and to provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising. These cookies do not contain or track sensitive information such as your payment information.
- Email Communications: We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
- Non-Identifiable Information: When you interact with the Services, we receive and store certain personal, non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. We may store this information and we may use it and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Website, the number of visitors to each page of our Website, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Information is available or used in this process.
- Aggregated Personal Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users, we collect statistical information about how users use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information may be derived from Personal Information. The Aggregate Information may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with affiliates, agents, and business partners. This Aggregate Information is not Personal Information and does not in any way personally identify you, your Personal Information or your web browser.
- Information Related to Advertising and the Use of Web Beacons: To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties’ advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (also known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (like gender or age), may be based on the Services usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services. We do not provide any non-aggregated, non-anonymous Personal Information to any ad networks for use outside of the Services.
- Our Use of Your Personal Information and Other Information
We utilize information that is collected in various ways. Information collected helps our efforts to advance our customers’ and visitors’ online experience when visiting and using our Services, including accessibility, improving content, customer service, and overall Service satisfaction. In addition, we use information that we collect to (i) communicate with you, (ii) assist with product/content development efforts, (iii) response to mandated legal notices, (iv) provide you with products or services you request from us, (v) improve your overall experience with the Services, (vi) for internal analytics purposes, (vii) notify you about changes to our Services, and (viii) in any other way we may describe to you at the time you provide the information.
- We Will Contact You For:
- User Communications: As part of the Services you may receive email and/or other communications from us relating to the Services.
- Marketing: We may use your Personal Information to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do, each communication will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future communications. If at any time you wish not to receive any future communications, or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us.
- Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Other Information
We are not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, circumstances in which we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties without further notice to you, including:
Public Information: Some of your activity on and through the Services is public by default, such as content or comments you have posted publicly on the Website or through social media pages or blogs. If you choose to provide Personal Information using certain public features of the Services, then that information may be publicly available. Please do not share any private information in the public areas of the Services.
Information Shared with Our Agents: We may sometimes hire other parties to perform certain tasks on our behalf (our “Agents”) which may include identifying and serving advertisements, providing mailing services, web hosting, or providing analytic services. This sharing is only done when those Agents are performing functions solely on our behalf and they are not permitted to store such information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
Information Disclosed Due to Legal Requirements or for Our Protection or the Protection of Others: We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to (i) satisfy any legal obligation, judicial decree or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms of Service, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
Aggregate Information: We may share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. This Aggregate Information does not in any way identify you personally.
- Social Media:
- “Cookies” and How Our Company Uses Them:
By using our Website, you consent to the use and storage of cookies on your end device. However, you can also view our Website without cookies. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can prevent cookies from being saved on your end device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. You can delete cookies stored on your end device at any time. The exact instructions for how to do this can be found in the manual for your browser or end device. If you choose not to accept cookies it may result in a reduced availability of the services provided on our Website. By using our Website without deleting or rejecting some or all cookies, you agree that we can place those cookies that you have not deleted or rejected on your device.
We categorize cookies as follows:
- Essential cookies (type 1): These cookies are essential for websites and their features to work properly. Without these cookies, services such as the vehicle configurator may be disabled.
- Functional cookies (type 2): These cookies enable us to improve the usability and performance of websites and to provide various features. For example, functional cookies can store language and other settings.
- Performance cookies (type 3): These cookies collect information about how you use websites. Performance cookies help us, for example, to identify especially popular areas of our website. In this way, we can adapt the content of our Website more specifically to your needs and thereby improve what we offer you. These cookies do not collect personal data.
- Third-party cookies (type 4): These cookies are installed by third parties, e.g. social networks. Their main purpose is to integrate social media content on our site, such as social plugins. Facebook and our third party partners may also use their own cookies. We do not control use of these cookies and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
- Children’s Protection and Privacy
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website or otherwise. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us through the Services, please contact us, and we will work to promptly delete that information from our databases.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information provided via Website or Services from loss, misuse and unauthorized access. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information from any breaches. Unauthorized entry or use, or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
- Access to Your Information
You have the right to access Personal Information collected from use of the Services. You may change or update Personal Information collected or delete certain information entirely. If you wish to access and correct any personal information that we hold about you, or remove any material you have placed on the Website or which is accessible on the Website via any other of your online identities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request as soon as possible in writing or other means necessary as soon as possible and in accordance with applicable law whether and what personal data relating to you has been stored by us. In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
In the event you wish to stop receiving email communications from us, you may stop receiving email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications or in some cases by logging into your User Account and changing your communication preferences. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions, and if your opt-out preferences are limited to certain types of e-mails, the opt-out will be so limited.
Because of the nature of our Services, we cannot delete all information about you even if we delete some Personal Information account. If you request to delete your Personal Information, we will retain certain historical information necessary for the operation of our business, such as records. Any public activity on your account prior to deletion, such as public comments, will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public. Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. Also, any public postings or other communications you have made on the Websites or Services such as in forums or blogs cannot generally be removed.
- Privacy Rights
You have the right to receive information regarding (i) the categories and description of personal customer information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and (ii) contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If requested, we provide this information, once per year free of charge, to all of our users. If you would like a copy of this notice, please contact us.
- International Data Transfer
Please be aware that Personal Information collected may be transferred to, and processed, stored, and used within the United States. If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of the Website and Services is subject to the applicable Terms of Service.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please contact us at triptinscontact (at) gmail (dot) com.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.